DZone's Article Submission Guidelines
Want to be a DZone contributor? We welcome you! See what it takes for your piece to get published!
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Do you work in software development and have something interesting to share with your industry peers? If so, we invite you to submit your content for consideration to be published to DZone's global audience of software development professionals.
But before you hit the "Submit" button, please review our submission guidelines. Otherwise, we may not review or publish your content.
- Your profile may not be a company account or include your company logo.
- Your profile must include your real name, a valid email, your job title, etc.
- If you wish to submit a post on behalf of another person, that person must also have a DZone account.
- Submissions must be related to software development and written for an audience of professionals working in software development.
- Do not submit content written for marketers, salespeople, finance, healthcare, etc.
- Do not submit content with the goal of advertising your product.
- Articles must be written in English, free of grammatical errors, and properly formatted.
- Your content must contain original ideas, and references to any outside materials must be cited.
- Plagiarism will result in suspension.
- Article submissions must have a minimum of 500 words.
- DZone reserves the right to reject articles that are over 500 words but do not cover the topic adequately.
- Submissions for podcasts, YouTube videos, and presentations must include an accompanying text submission of at least 500 words.
- All images included should be owned by you or used with permission from the copyright owner.
- Images should be compressed to 75 KB or lower (JPEG/JPG recommended).
- There is a 5MB limit for cumulative image file size.
What Will Be Rejected
Plagiarism is copying someone else's words or ideas and claiming them as your own.
- If you need further clarification on Plagiarism, see this guide from our Writers Zone.
- There are several free tools to check your work that can be found online.
- After one warning, your account will be suspended.
Submissions must be related to software development. Some topics we are not accepting submissions for are:
- Web design
- Cryptocurrency or NFTs
- Unoriginal or duplicate content (check DZone before submitting to ensure that the topic has not already been covered)
We do not accept any form of advertising or promotion in articles. All content should be unbiased and free of:
- Press releases
- Heavy back-linking
- UTM tracking links
- Links to paid tools, products/services
- Lists or summaries of product features
- Promotional content about a product/service
- Gated content or links that point to gated content
- Content written for the sole purpose of making your product or company look good
- Blurbs or incomplete articles (articles with introductions that link off-site for the full article)
If you are interested in advertising your product on DZone, you can learn about our advertising programs here.
What Will Lead to Delays
The editorial staff at DZone aims to publish articles as quickly as possible. The following is a list of things that can delay an article from being published.
- Syndicated content
- Original content is prioritized
- Missing images or alt text
- Several grammar and spelling mistakes throughout
- If largely illegible, your article may be rejected
- Missing code or incorrect formatting — code not in code blocks or snippets
Cause for Suspension
The following are some of the behaviors that will cause account suspension:
- Spam submissions
- Fake profiles, duplicate profiles, or company profiles
- Bullying/Posting hate or posting spam comments on articles
- This includes links to products or services in comments
Please note that all articles submitted to DZone must go through moderation and will be edited by our team. The time it takes for articles to go through moderation varies based on article quality, article length, and the volume of submissions received, but generally, you can expect your article to be looked at within 7 to 12 business days. Once your article has been published or rejected, you will receive an automated email from us.
With that, thank you for contributing to DZone! If you have any questions about articles, content, or submission rules, please email us at email@example.com.
What Is Plagiarism? How to Avoid It and Cite Sources
How to Format Articles for DZone
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.
Amazon Fargate For Containers
Building and Deploying Microservices With Spring Boot and Docker
Dynamic Data Processing Using Serverless Java With Quarkus on AWS Lambda (Part 1)
Will ChatGPT and Generative AI “Replace” Testing?